At Teradata, we believe that people thrive when empowered with trusted information. We offer the most complete cloud analytics and data platform, including for AI. By delivering harmonized data and trusted AI/ML, we enable more confident decision-making, unlock faster innovation, and drive the impactful business results organizations need most. See how at Teradata.com.
Teradata Announces Global Partnership with Microsoft
Delivering more impactful insights by leveraging new offerings that simplify and modernize complex data analytics environments just got easier
Teradata (NYSE: TDC) today announced a global partnership with Microsoft to integrate the Teradata Vantage data platform with Microsoft Azure. With this announcement, businesses seeking to modernize their data analytics workloads with security, reliability, and elasticity – even on a massive scale – can leverage the technology of both companies.
“For decades, Microsoft and Teradata have proven that they are two of the most trusted companies that large enterprises rely on to manage their mission-critical data initiatives,” said Todd Cione, Chief Revenue Officer at Teradata. “This expansion of our partnership reflects the deep commitment both companies have to working together for our customers to successfully execute their cloud strategies and solve the world’s toughest data analytics challenges together.”
Teradata Vantage on Azure is already heavily integrated with the Azure ecosystem, including more than 60 Azure data services. Many of the world’s largest enterprises, including American Airlines and Siemens Healthineers, trust Teradata Vantage on Azure with their complex and demanding data analytics environments. From retailers that provide personalized customer experiences to financial services organizations that use automated analytics to track fraud, Teradata Vantage on Azure connects their wide varieties of data sets and enables their thousands of users to make sense of the chaos.
“Turning data into business-critical insights has become essential for organizations committed to serving evolving market needs with resilience, sustainability, and efficiency,” said Judson Althoff, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Microsoft. “Teradata and Microsoft are combining their data, AI and cloud capabilities to help teams across industries and professions make data-driven decisions faster.”
Gartner® recently named Teradata and Microsoft as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant™ for Cloud Database Management Systems report and Teradata Vantage ranked highest in all the analytical use cases in 2021 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Cloud Database Management Systems for Analytical Use Cases, including ranking highest in the new Critical Capabilities category for Data Lake.
Teradata Vantage on Azure
Teradata Vantage on Azure integrates with Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics, and more than 60 Azure data services to deliver customers the:
- Low-risk migration path to modernize data analytics on Vantage and Azure: Teradata solves data analytics challenges for enterprises worldwide, in every industry. Customers who want to modernize in the cloud have seen double-digit improvements in migration speeds when choosing to use Teradata Vantage on Azure.
- Connected solution to tackle the most complex analytics scenarios: Teradata Vantage empowers customers to migrate and manage their data in the cloud, even at massive scale to support:
- Flexible, end-to-end data integration and management: Teradata Vantage on Azure provides customers with the flexibility to integrate data from thousands of different databases and systems.
- High query volumes & diverse workloads: Millions of queries, by thousands of concurrent users, are run every single day on Teradata Vantage on Azure.
- Sub-second response times: Teradata Vantage on Azure can easily execute mission-critical, sub-second operations, even in environments with disparate data sources and types.