Recent studies show that retail industry stock-outs are between 5% and 8% and that overstock conditions — the result of poor forecasts and buys - continue to climb.
Teradata Demand Chain Management reverses the flow of information in the traditional supply chain, pulling information about demand at the store and SKU level, up through the chain, to vendors and manufacturers eliminating out of stocks and deducing inventory carrying costs.
The bottom line: Typical Teradata DCM projects deliver multimillion-dollar ROI and payback less than 12 months after implementation.
Features & Benefits
Teradata Demand Chain Management is a web-based solution that provides tangible results through highly accurate, regular and promotional forecasts, and integrated replenishment tools, including:
- More accurate demand forecasting
- Effective promotion management
- Synchronized store/warehouse demand
- Order forecast optimization and collaboration
- Intelligent allocations
- Inventory reduction
- Improved customer service levels
- Reduced markdowns and shrink
- Load building and capacity planning
- Intelligent product introduction
Related Business Needs
Discover how these additional Teradata products can boost productivity and efficiency across your business:
Gauging consumer need optimizes the supply chain.
How can we help?
Contact us for insight and answers to your questions.