Information Security Must Be a Top Priority
Information security is a top priority for companies today as data protection has become critical for companies building a competitive advantage.
Teradata advocates a comprehensive approach to information security that includes an orchestrated combination of technology and best practice processes.
Read about information security tools that are available to protect data with the Teradata Database.
Data Protection with Flexibility and Control
Information security requires a wide array of products and security features to provide the flexibility and control companies need for data protection.
The Teradata Database and Teradata Platform Family support a rich set of information security controls for managing, protecting, and auditing access to stored data. These capabilities include:
- User and system level password controls, external authentication and authorization using LDAP and Kerberos
- Ability to credential on client systems with Teradata Wallet
- Trusted Sessions provide additional security when using applications with connection pools
- Multi-tenant deployment via Teradata Database Secure Zones with security isolating users and data of each environment
- IP filters
- Fine-grained access rights and privileges for user authorization
- Security roles
- Row and column-level security
- Strong network traffic encryption
- Full disk encryption
- Column-level data encryption and tokenization
- Tape/disk backup encryption
- Comprehensive audit logs
Teradata systems are regularly deployed, operated and accredited in compliance with rigorous information and data security standards including the PCI Data Security Standard, U.S. DoD DIACAP and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides, HIPAA security and privacy rules, FDA 21 CFR Part 11, Common Criteria, and others.
Learn about the multiple security layers that can be applied to your integrated data warehouse.
Information and Data Security Services
Implementing best-practice data and information security processes are an important part of a complete security plan.
Teradata Professional Services and Customer Services have developed an extensive set of information security best practices, derived from both internal practices and industry best practices, designed to meet a diversity of information security compliance requirements.
Learn how Teradata Integrated Data Management services team can help with your data security and privacy.
Education Courses on Information Security
Teradata offers a broad range of information security-related education courses to help our customers learn data protection best-practices in their data warehouse; from the basics to the advanced.
The Teradata Education Network is specifically designed with web-based courses designed specifically for our customers.
To access the full list of Information Security related courses:
1. Go to Teradata Education Network
2. Select BROWSE
3. Select your Region (doesn’t affect outcome)
4. Select Catalog tab
5. Click on arrow next to By Topic
6. Select Security & Privacy
Boost Your Cyber-Security Defenses
Cyber-Security is an area of focus for many companies around the world. Teradata helps companies boost their cyber-security defenses and use big data analytics to become more efficient in recognizing the patterns that represent network threats.
Learn more about Cyber-Security Analytics
Teradata has developed partnerships with the top companies in information security and data privacy and offer a full range of solutions, including:
- Data Masking
- Data Subsetting
- Database Activity Monitoring
- Access Control
- Vulnerability Assessment