Benefits of Partnership
As stated by a Teradata PS resource who witnessed the WhereScape product firsthand at a real customer:
- Provides an integrated ELT development environment which is driven by a robust metadata layer.
- Facilitates rapid development and code reusability and really helps standardize all processes from source to target. It also supports surrogate generation and more complex ETL design.
- Can easily handle extracting and moving data from almost any source database to target supporting fastload, multiload, tpt.
- Supports customization so that existing procedures and code can be integrated fairly easily into the metadata layer.
- Has a flexible scheduler and supports re-startability inherently and can be called from other enterprise schedulers like Tivoli and Control-M.
- Helps abstract ETL development which allows for faster turn-around time.
- Supports version control and checking in and checking out of code including code promotion from one environment to another much like Rational Clearcase. It is very easy to export the complete metadata defining a data warehouse and move it to another environment and rebuild it.
RED automates work in source system exploration, ELT, dimensional and normal-form target database design using an integrated operations and management environment. RED enables teams to implement data warehouses using Teradata best practice based automation to deliver solutions in ground breaking delivery speed.
|6.8.4 ||TD 15.10|
How WhereScape can expedite your next DW project.
A Technical Discussion.
WhereScape 3D provides a data warehousing industry first: software for planning and reality-testing data warehousing and business intelligence projects. It works standalone or together with WhereScape RED.
|2.4 and Higher||TD 15.10|
|2.0 and Higher||TD 15.10|