Version 20130214. Replaces all prior versions in their entirety.
Collection, Use, And Protection Of Data
Web servers automatically identify your computer by its Internet Protocol address. Teradata may collect the Internet Protocol address of your computer for data about use of this Website (for example, unique visitors or country of visitor). Teradata may collect data about pages visited and services used. Teradata may publish aggregates of such data in descriptions of this Website. Such data may be used in promoting this Website, in efforts to make this Website more useful to the community, to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer the Website. Teradata does not match such data to information about you (for example, a user profile you create).
The only private information Teradata collects in connection with this Website is the “contact us” information you provide with an inquiry:
Mobile phone number
Can we contact you via mobile device?
Can we contact you via SMS?
If you wish to modify or delete your “contact us” information, you may contact the webmaster with detailed instructions on modifying or deleting such information. If 30 days after contacting the webmaster such information has not been modified or removed to your satisfaction, contact General Counsel/Notices, Teradata Corporation, 10000 Innovation Drive, Dayton, Ohio 45342.
General Privacy Matters
This Website is intended for adults. Teradata does not knowingly collect data from anyone under 13 years old.
You agree that another entity may acquire a business from Teradata (whether through acquisition, merger, or sale of assets) that includes this Website and all information collected in connection with this Website (including information about you) without obtaining further consent from you.
This Website may contain links to other websites. The collection, use, and retention of information about you in connection with such other websites is governed by the privacy policies, if any, of such other websites.
Version 20120109. Replaces all prior versions in their entirety.
No Obligation to Provide or Retain any Content or Services
"Content" refers to all information, documents, software, communications, audio, video, images, and other content on the Website. "Services" refers to all information retrieval, downloading, communication and other services on the Website.
Teradata does not have any obligation to provide, or continue to provide, any access, Content, or Services. Teradata may modify or remove any Content or modify or discontinue any Services at any time for any reason without notice.
This Website, including all Content and Services, is provided AS-IS without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. For example, there are no warranties that the Content or Services are accurate, bug-free, virus-free, complete, useful, merchantable, fit for any purpose, non-infringing, or secure. No Teradata employee or agent is authorized to create a warranty or other legal obligation on behalf of Teradata via this Website (for example, via representations made in blog communications).
Access to this Website and the Services are provided on an AS-AVAILABLE basis. For example, there is no warranty that any Content or Services will be uninterrupted or available at any time.
Some jurisdictions restrict disclaimers of warranty, so the above disclaimers may not fully apply to you.
Limitations of Liability
Teradata and its Representatives will not be liable to you, or anyone claiming through you, for any damages of any nature arising out of your access to, use of, downloads from, submissions to, or anything in any way related to this Website. Without limiting the foregoing, Teradata and its Representatives will not be liable to you, or anyone claiming through you, for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. "Representatives" refers to Teradata's officers, directors, employees, agents, and suppliers.
Some jurisdictions restrict limitations of liability, so the above limitations may not fully apply to you.
Use, Restrictions on Use, Monitoring
You agree to access and use this Website only for its intended purpose, namely to obtain public knowledge regarding Teradata and its products and services. Examples of prohibited uses include:
• Do not use the Website for any unlawful or harmful purpose.
• Do not use the Website to defame, disparage, harass, or threaten others.
• Do not use the Website to violate the rights of others.
• Do not use the Website in a manner that could damage, disable, or exhaust Teradata network or computer resources.
• Do not use the Website to promote any goods or services without Teradata's written consent.
• Do not provide Content that is profane, obscene, or similarly inappropriate.
• Do not provide Content that contains viruses or other harmful computer code.
• Do not provide Content unless you own the Content or have all consents legally required to provide the Content. For example, do not provide confidential information of others (such as your employer or fellow employee) without their consent, copyrighted material without the consent of the copyright owner, or an image of a person without that person's consent.
• Do not falsely identify yourself, your employer, or other affiliations.
• Do not falsely identify the source of any Content.
• Do not remove any legal notices from any Content.
• Do not access, or attempt to access, the account of another user.
• Do not bypass, or attempt to bypass, any security measures associated with the Website, including measures associated with a user's account, specific Content or Services, or other Teradata network or computer resources.
• Do not extract email addresses or other the personal data from the Website.
• Do not interfere with any other user's use of the Website.
• Do not cause Teradata to incur costs by your use of the Website.
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, or other source identifiers ("Marks") displayed on this Website are owned by Teradata or other third parties. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Teradata is not granting you any rights to any Mark. You may not use a Mark without the prior written consent of its owner.
Some Content on the Website may embody rights owned by Teradata or by other parties under one or more patents in the U.S. and worldwide. The presence of this content on the Website and your ability to access it do not create or convey to you any license under such patents, by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
Restricted Rights / Limited Rights Legend
Use, duplication, or disclosure of technical data or commercial computer software by the United States Government is subject to the Restricted Rights and Limited Rights Notices that are set forth in 48 C.F.R. ¶ 52.227-14 (Rights In Data - General), 48 C.F.R. ¶ 52.227-19 (Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights), or 48 C.F.R. ¶ 252.227-7013 (Rights in Technical Data - Noncommercial Items), as applicable.
Without liability to you or any third Person, Teradata may at any time for any reason terminate your right to access the Website and terminate your rights to all Content. "Person" refers to an individual or legal entity.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
If material on the Website may infringe your copyrights, submit a written notification ("Infringement Notice") consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 ("DMCA") to the following Designated Agent:
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Laura Nyquist, General Counsel
Full Address of Designated Agent to which Notification Should be Sent:
10000 Innovation Drive
Dayton, Ohio 45342
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: (937) 242-4719
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: (937) 847-8425
Email Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be effective under the DMCA, the notice must include substantially the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Teradata to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Teradata to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of an Infringement Notice consistent with the DMCA:
1. Teradata will remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing; and
2. Teradata will take reasonable steps to forward the written notification to the alleged infringer with information about the steps Teradata has taken to remove or disable access to the material.
If you want to contest the removal or disabling of Your Content for alleged copyright infringement, submit a written notice ("Counter Notice") to the Designated Agent. To be effective, the Counter Notice must include substantially the following:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. Your statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
4. Your name, address, and telephone number; and
5. Your statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, for the Southern District of New York, if you reside outside of the United States) and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the Infringement Notice or from an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notice consistent with the DMCA:
1. Teradata will provide a copy of the Counter Notice to the person who provided the Infringement Notice and inform that person that Teradata will replace the removed material, or cease disabling access to it, in 10 business days; and
2. Teradata will replace the removed material, or cease disabling access to it, not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of the Counter Notice, unless the Designated Agent first receives notice from the person who provided the Infringement Notice that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Website.
You agree to comply fully with all applicable export laws and regulations of the United States (“Export Laws”) to assure that no Content is (a) exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of Export Laws; or (b) intended to be used for any purpose prohibited by the Export Laws, including, without limitation, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons proliferation.
You are solely responsible for compliance with all laws applicable to you.
The Website may include links to the websites of third Persons. Such links are provided for your convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of such Person by Teradata or any endorsement of Teradata by such Person. Such Person is solely responsible for its website and any harm it may cause you or others.
Teradata complies with the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. The following applies to all transactions that are carried out with Teradata electronically in the United Kingdom.
Company Name: Teradata (UK) Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with company number 06239196)
Registered Office: 206 Marylebone Road, London, NW1 6LY
VAT Number: 905963895