Teradata Travel Industry Logical Data Model (LDM) leverages our vast experience with leaders in the travel industry to help you answer critical business questions from every area of your business — customers, channels, products, operations, finance and employees — providing a solid basis for an enterprise-wide view of the business data throughout the complex shopping, purchase, service and travel cycle.
Combined with the Teradata Travel Enterprise Data Warehouse Roadmap, we’ll tailor this powerful LDM to address your specific requirements. Because of the Travel LDM’s flexible, modular design, developing new strategic applications and reacting to fresh business opportunities is far easier and less costly.
Features & Benefits
Teradata Travel Industry LDM can help you determine answers in these vital areas and more:
- What demographics, channels and characteristics differentiate profitable from unprofitable customers
- Understand how customers respond to various promotional offers
- Determine the amount of revenue on outstanding accounts receivable invoices
- Assess the profitability of your business by geography, business unit and product line
- Reduce delays and cancellations due to maintenance
- Compare your actual results to budget
- Comprehensive analysis of purchase activity, channel preference, travel patterns and scope of influence
- Improve program performance through early warning indicators and the ability to analyze what-if scenarios
- Increase asset readiness and effectiveness by providing visibility to maintenance and supply issues and pinpointing root causes
- Determine actions front-line representatives should take based on customer’s history, preferences, and operational developments
- Find the ratio of outstanding accounts receivable invoices to outstanding customer orders
|Graphically diagrams the relationship of data extracted from disparate data sources to provide an enterprise-wide view of your business
||Data stored in third normal form only once in the warehouse
- Supports many industry areas, including:
- Financial Management – Integration that reduces the effort to deliver real-time, detailed financial performance information
- Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul (MRO) – Helps support purchasing and contracting, inventory levels and allocations, component maintenance scheduling/prioritization, reliability management, line and engine maintenance, and aircraft overhaul.
- Air Cargo – Supports airway bill tracking, maximum lift capacity and cargo revenues, better Universal Load Device (ULD) utilization and customs processing.
- Hotel and Gaming – Expanded support covers retail sales, gaming and asset tracking for casinos, as well as player activity monitoring; calendar event management; special hospitality activity reservations and tracking for golf, dining and special events; group event activity tracking; and hotel support for property layout, room rates, reservations, and asset and revenue tracking.
Review Primary Components
Related Business Needs
Discover how these additional Teradata products can boost productivity and efficiency across your business:
The Importance of Data Modeling as a Foundation for Business Insight
Explore the origin and significance of data modeling, and the concepts and principles behind the technique as well as proven database design options available for BI/DW databases.
Read the white paper
How can we help?
Contact us for insight and answers to your questions.