You would never consider building a manufacturing plant without a blueprint because you wouldn't know if you had sufficient production space, ample storage room or if inventory could flow easily in and out of your production lines. So why build a data warehouse without first knowing the details of exactly where data will be stored?
Teradata Manufacturing Logical Data Model (LDM) offers you a blueprint for optimizing your enterprise data warehouse investment with convenient access to cross-functional, integrated information. Combined with the Teradata Enterprise Data Warehouse Roadmap, it provides the structure and standardization you need to address your most crucial business questions by combining data between the manufacturer, internal systems and suppliers to provide analysis of:
- Supply Chain
- Financial Management
- Customer Relationship Management
Features & Benefits
Teradata Manufacturing LDM provides the capability to drive strategic and tactical analysis from a single, integrated view of your business — plus enhanced competitive advantage, reduced development time, added investment protection, increased flexibility and international adaptability.
To keep pace with the changing needs of global manufacturers, we regularly update the Teradata Manufacturing LDM. Among the newest features are improved and expanded capabilities for:
- Activity-Based Costing
- Trade Funds Management
- Legal Case Management
- Party Preferences
- Account Budgets
- Unstructured Text
- Product Warranty and Quality
- Demand Planning
- Yield Management
- Dynamic Shift Scheduling
- Logistics Management
- Order Fullfillment
- Quality Assurance
- Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Production Management
- More Than 80 Subject Areas
- More Than 2,100 Relationships Among That Data
- Track and Trace Support Capabilities
- Supports ePC and RFID Tagging
- More Than 6,000 Individual Pieces of Data From Across the Organization
- Test/Inspection/Experiment Measurement and Metrics
- Warranty Management and Advanced Logistics Data and Information
- Data Management Best Practices that May Be Customized to Meet Your Specific Requirements
- Foundation for Demand Signal Repository
Review Primary Components
Related Business Needs
Discover how these additional Teradata products can boost productivity and efficiency across your business:
A data modeling blueprint is a critical differentiator for an enterprise data warehouse.
Read the Article
How can we help?
Contact us for insight and answers to your questions.