Basel II, IAS, the pressure on revenue and costs, and increased risk of doing business demand an integrated view of your business’s performance. The continued convergence of banks and insurance companies, the rise of new technologies, and changing customer needs and demands has combined to create a marketplace where customer knowledge gives you a true competitive advantage.
Teradata Financial Services Logical Data Model (LDM) is an integrated, cross-functional model that provides an enterprise-wide view of data. It’s a comprehensive, flexible blueprint of how your data is organized and provides structure that allows you to manage your information. Working with Teradata Financial Services Enterprise Data Warehouse Roadmap, Teradata Financial Services LDM is easily extendable by adding entities or sets of attributes to help you avoid costly re-designs.
Features & Benefits
Financial Services LDM subject areas provide a single-source view into financial and risk management data that can help deliver cost savings across your business in areas including:
- External audit fees
- Improved product pricing
- Improved campaign ROI
Financial Services LDM can benefit several areas of your business, including:
- Customer management
- Operations management
- Risk management
- Finance and performance management
- Claims management
Teradata Financial Services LDM is the only integrated data model that supports retail and commercial banking, brokerage, investment, charge card and insurance. It provides:
- A single source of information based on detailed data that enables detailed analysis
- Support for back office and institutional investment contracts that can affect risk exposure
- Information around the financial management subledgers in addition to the general ledger
- Helps support risk management initiatives, including specific information for the Basel II Capital Accord
- Better, faster decisions from deeper analysis of financial performance across all channels of your business
- A holistic view into financial and risk management data that can help improve practices and free up reserves for investment opportunities
- Enhanced structures to support anti-money-laundering and enterprise risk management for insurance
- Enhanced data modeling by ensuring you’ve covered all necessary areas before implementing your data warehouse
- Insight into cross-channel activities
Review Primary Components
Related Business Needs
Discover how these additional Teradata products can boost productivity and efficiency across your business:
Challenges Facing Risk and Finance Officers
Learn about the biggest challenges facing risk and finance officers today.
Listen to the Podcast
How can we help?
Contact us for insight and answers to your questions.