NCR's enterprise data warehouse from Teradatainitiative was critical to the company's successful transformation from a primarily hardware-focused and country-centric organizational model to an integrated, solution-oriented business structure with a global focus. What's more, it would be vital to the successful deployment of a new worldwide, single-instance, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system planned for several years later.
The results have already been superb:
- Financial close cycle was reduced from 14 days to six
- Worldwide reporting integrity standards were established
- $10 million in annual savings in inventory carrying costs
- $200 million sustainable reduction in accounts receivable
- $50 million reduction in annual finance costs
- $22 million cost savings over the first five years
Not only has NCR’s EDW project proven to be more than self-funding at the project cost level, but revenue generation is around the corner.